Download SuperNotecard for Linux
Please press the button to begin to download the application.
If you would like to be notified when we release a new version of this product, please enter your email address before pressing the button.
Linux Installation Instructions
- Download the latest Java Runtime Environment from Sun:
- Install the JRE as per instructions on Sun's website
- If you don't have root privileges on the Linux box, you can install
it locally, then symlink to the binary to make things easier:
ln -s downloads/software/jre1.6.0_03/bin/java java
- Download the SuperNotecard .jar file (via the Download button above)
- Try out the program from the command-line. Type the following (the filename has an 'O' not a zero),
substituting the location of your download:
java -jar /downloads/software/SncO.jar
or, for a local install of JRE,
./java -jar /downloads/software/SncO.jar
SuperNotecard should start up and run.
- Once you're happy that it's working, open the terminal, and create a file in either nano or your preferred editor, put in the above java command with the right path url, and save it as a .sh file. It might be easier to make this file right in the folder where the jar file is, so it doesn't clutter other folders.
- Make the Jar file executable with the following command
(remember the last character is not a zero):
chmod 755 /yourpath/SncO.jar
- Then simply drag the *.sh file to your panel to make a link.
The Free Trial is Real
This download includes a complete version of the application with limits on the number of cards that can be created per project.
- Buy Full Version - $29
to enable unlimited use on any platform